Saturday, February 25, 2012

ADDY Awards

Yesterday I went to the ADDY awards for work. If you don't know what the ADDY's are, it's basically the Oscar's for advertising...on a much, much smaller scale. This year it was at the Dali museum in St. Pete which I have been wanting to go to. We got to go on a tour of the museum and my gosh, our tour guide was so smart. I have never been one to appreciate art, let alone understand it, but this lady knew everything! Why Dali painted a clock, why he includes flowers in his pictures, and everything about his life. Because of her, I am now convinced that the only way to visit a museum is with a tour guide.

After the tour we walked to the ballroom for the awards announcement. They had some "technical difficulties", to say the least but were luckily in a room full of people who deal with things like that on a daily basis. My company had submitted three entries for creative pieces we made last year and guess what? WE WON!!! Two awards were for one of the pieces I worked on, how exciting! It is a dimensional brochure that has a tab, when you pull the tab, the pages flip, does that make sense? And it won two awards!! Woohoo! The final award was for our creative department's brochure, if you will, which was flawless as well. I am so proud of everyone involved!


My name - on an award!!! Gold one too!



After that a few of us went to dinner. I wish I had gotten a pic. We went to Bella Brava in St. Pete which was delicious, as usual, but more importantly, a blast! We laughed so hard and completely lost track of time that we ended up being the last people walking out. Thanks Carrie, Rosie, and Effie!

No comments:

Post a Comment